(Note: Pictured is the veggie and rice mixture prior to adding the rice. In this instance I threw in chicken too because why not?)
- 1 package of stir fry beef (approximately 300g) (the grocery store will usually sell it presliced to perfection)
- beef seasoning (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, etc.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut to sizes of your preference
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- chili pepper paste (see Note 1 for the kind I use)
- soy sauce
- 2 brown rice, cooked
First start off by seasoning your beef! Just lay it all out all over the counter maybe on some tin foil or something and sprinkle away.
After that I’d probably start the rice. In my rice cooker, I have a little plastic container that I can put the broccoli in so that it can be steamed with the moisture from the rice which is pretty clutch. If you don’t have this major convenience then you’ll have to boil your broccoli, and DON’T do that now because it’ll get very cold or very soggy by the time the rest of your food is ready. Start the rice in a pot on the stove with a 2:1 water to rice ratio.
Chop up all the veggies. If you’re like me, you won’t have a pan big enough for all the veggies AND all the meat, so I have to do them one at a time. I first brown all the meat in olive oil and chopped garlic. Then I take it out and throw in all the veggies and cook those til they’re soft with a little soy sauce. Then I add the meat back in on top, throw in my chili paste and mix that up til it looks delicious.
Now you can boil your broccoli if you’re going to do it that way. Should be done in about 3 mins.
Add the broccoli to the beef and veggie mixture. Add more soy sauce or chili paste to taste. Serve over brown rice.
Based on 1/4 of recipe
- This is the chili paste I use. It can be found in the international foods section I believe.